The change error of Bayern in the Bundesliga game at the SC Freiburg has triggered puzzles around the rule design.
Experts also argue about which passage of the regulations of the German Football Confederation would have to come into use in this case.
The Munich had played shortly before the end for a few seconds with twelve professionals, because Kingsley Coman had not left the place for his planned replacement due to a wrongly indicated back number.
In this case, the application of Rule 3 would be possible in this case the football rules of the DFB. It says, among other things, in the section "Additional persons on the field":
"If a team official, a substitute, a replenished player or a third player or a third party enters the playing field, the referee must:
• Only interrupt the game if such a person engages in the game
• Show the person from the field after the game was interrupted
• and take appropriate disciplinary measures
In a game break due to an intervention by:
• a team official, a replacement player or a replenished or the field, will continue the game with a direct free kick or penalty
• A third person will continue the game with a referee ball. "
FC Bayern led 3: 1 at the time of alternating error
Referee Christian Dinger had noticed the mishap at the Bayern change only late and interrupted the game. After minutes of debates, the referee continued the encounter with referee ball. At the time of change error, FC Bayern led 3: 1, in the end they won 4: 1.
It is debated whether in this case paragraph 17 (4) of the legal and procedural order of the DFB could be applied. It says: