The Boston Celtics actually put an early end of the Brooklyn Nets season after just four games! The Celts win a crime thriller with 116: 112 and defy a late comeback attempt by the Nets - even without Jayson Tatum.
- Boston Celtics catch a good start - Durant defends himself
- Celtics answers to late nets run - sweep for Boston!
- the most important statistics
- NBA playoffs - Nets vs. Sixers: The votes
- The Star of the game: Jayson Tatum
- The flop of the game: Kyrie Irving
- The scene of the game
- Brooklyn Nets (7) vs. Boston Celtics (2) 112: 116 (boxcore), series: 0-4
- NBA playoffs - Celtics vs. Nets: The series at a glance (4-0)
The Celtics superstar was the best man on the floor over long distances of the game, but had to go to the bench a few minutes before the end. In 36 minutes he still collected 29 points (9/16 FG, 4/6 threes) and 5 assists.
He received support from Jaylen Brown (22) and Marcus Smart (20 and 11 assists). Grant Williams also contributed 14 points from the bank, Daniel Theis came to 6 points and 8 rebounds at 4 fouls in 20 minutes. The Celtics thus succeeded in revenge against Brooklyn in the previous year, now they will meet the winner from Bucks vs. Bulls in the second playoff round.
For the Nets, who started the season as the title favorite, the season ends in a disappointment. Kevin Durant still defended himself with 39 points, 9 assists and 7 rebounds against the sweep, but did not hit particularly well (13/31 FG and 3/11 threesome). Kyrie Irving ended the game with 20 points and 5 templates, but too often he dipped. So Seth Curry (23, 5/9 threesome) was the second Nets scorer, from the bank also showed Nic Claxton (13, but 1/11 ft!), Goran Dragic (10) or Blake Griffin (0, 4 Rebounds) At least use and a few good minutes.
Since Ben Simmons was not ready for his comeback - in contrast to the previous games, he was not on the bench - there were no changes in the Nets Starting Five, Boston also went into play with the usual staff. The most important adaptation among the home side: Durant aggressively searched his own litter from the start, 7 of the first 10 NETs meters went to his account.
Boston Celtics catch a good start - Durant defends himself
But the strong Celtics defense is once again difficult for Brookly, which showed two blocks in a row against Irving, for example. In addition, numerous whistles went against the Nets, the guests quickly settled at 22:12. Only three minutes before the end of the quarter, Irving marked his first points by pull-up treier, Brooklyn gradually fought his way to 26:30.
After an inconspicuous first round, however, Tatum with several jumpers over smaller defenders. One of his now rare misconceptions cleaned Theis by putback dunk. Durant kept his team in the game, but several Eckendreier from Williams finally put the 58:50 halftime score for Boston.
After the change of sides, Nic Claxton used some freedom that were created by double teams against KD, well with Dunks and Hook Shots, only the free-wire line worked nothing. When he met for the first time in the eleventh start (!), Lauter jubilation opened. Even if Brooklyn scorten properly, they just couldn't defend Boston - certainly not with an ultra -small lineup. Tatum scored almost at will, whether by three over the board or with a difficult fadeway. The lead grew up to 15 points, it went into the fourth quarter with 90:78.
A 6-0 start of the Nets in the final section and an early Celtics break brought the domestic fans a little hope to avoid the sweep. Tatum provided the answer for Boston with a dunk and threesome, but then he received his fifth foul. For this, Horford and Smart from Downtown jumped into the breach, on the other hand, Dragic sank important buckets -including a triple over the board for -3 from a Nets perspective.
Celtics answers to late nets run - sweep for Boston!
But as so often in this series, Boston had the right answer to the opponent's run. But it remained exciting, 2:48 minutes before the end Tatum then had to get out with his controversial sixth foul. Irving came back after very inconspicuous minutes, Durant put on -1 a good one and a half minutes before the end with an aggressive drive.
Boston now played very slowly, Durant put a pullup triangle on the ring, Brown increased for the guests. A Smart steal attempt ended with a foul and Durant on the freewurfine. But he failed with his second attempt and on the other hand, Horford made a Two Possession game perfect after an offensive rebound. Durant's next attempt by Downtown was just too long again, Boston secured the rebound and made everything clear - sweep for the Celtics!
the most important statistics
Brooklyn Nets (7) vs. Boston Celtics (2) 112: 116 (boxcore), series: 0-4
- The openness of the Nets was not the problem in halftime, Brooklyn met more than 50 percent out of the field and thus significantly better than Boston (42.2 percent). But: The Celts grabbed 6 offensive rebounds, resulting in 8: 0 Second Chance Points. In the other gameplay, the 1,90-meter-man dragic (3 offensive rebounds) helped, that the duel on the boards did not end up on one side (10: 8 offensive rebounds for Boston).
- The second big one but free throw. Brooklyn had even presented more trips to the Charity Stripe (13 to 11 FTA), but the 10 Celtics hits were only 6 Nets points. That was alone at Nic Claxton, which was at the break at 0/7 from the line. He met the series a total of 4/22 - as the third player in the NBA history he stands in a playoff series at under 20 percent from the line. Ultimately, his first 10 free throw went next to it, which has not existed since Shaq 2006.
- The turnover from the past game was no problem for the Nets this evening. Ultimately, the statisticians only recorded 10 ball losses for the householders, in the fourth quarter just 1. Boston also fit very well on the ball (13 turnover).
- For Durant it was the 30th playoff series of his career - for the first time he experienced a sweep of the opponent. The 118 points of Tatum achieved in the four games were meanwhile most of a Celtics player in a four-game sweep.
NBA playoffs - Nets vs. Sixers: The votes
IME UDOKA (Celtics coach): "We were afraid of no one before and have not been running away from no 1. (...) Maybe we will celebrate a little bit on the flight home, but after that we go back to work tomorrow And prepare ourselves what comes next. "
Steve Nash (Nets-Coach): "At the end of the day they were bigger and stronger on every position."
Goran Dragic (Nets): "They were just better. They dominated us - Second Chance Points, rebounding, just everywhere. They deserve won something different every day was something else, every day was difficult, since I'm here. "
The Star of the game: Jayson Tatum
His sixth foul was not necessarily justified, so he could not help his team in the final minutes. But before the 24-year-old was the dominant figure - again. His shotmaking was partly outstanding, but he also had some strong scenes as a playmaker.
The flop of the game: Kyrie Irving
It was significant that Durants Co-Star heard Goran Dragic's Big Parts of the Fourth Quarter - by Irving was hardly anything to see on two crunchtime buckets. But even before, the Point Guard seemed to be strangely absent, shortly before the end he completely renounced a boxout against Horford, which the Celtics-Big punished with a much too simple TIP-in to 113: 109.
The scene of the game
This scene was somewhat symbolic for the whole series. After his awarded free throw shortly before the end Durant came back at -2 only, Kyrie missed the boxout against Horford and that made practical with his offensive rebound the bag. Brooklyn seemed to be abandoned.
Articles and videos about the topic * Morant wins MIP - and give away award! * Experience the NBA live on Dazn. Register now! Can be canceled at any time.
NBA playoffs - Celtics vs. Nets: The series at a glance (4-0)
|1||17. April||21.30 Boston Celtics||Brooklyn Nets||115: 114|
|2||21. April||1 o'clock||Boston Celtics||Brooklyn Nets||114: 107|
3 | 24. April | 1.30 Brooklyn Nets | Boston Celtics | 103: 109 4 | 26. April | 1 o'clock | Brooklyn Nets | Boston Celtics | 112: 116